About Silvia Moreno-Garcia
Silvia Moreno-Garcia is the author of The Daughter of Doctor Moreau, Velvet Was the Night, Mexican Gothic, Gods of Jade and Shadow, and many other books. She has won the Locus and British Fantasy awards for her work as a novelist, and the World Fantasy Award as an editor.
Mexican by birth, Canadian by inclination. Silvia Moreno-Garcia is the author of a number of critically acclaimed novels, including Gods of Jade and Shadow (Sunburst Award for Excellence in Canadian Literature of the Fantastic, Ignyte Award), Mexican Gothic (Locus Award, British Fantasy Award, Pacific Northwest Book Award, Aurora Award, Goodreads Award), and Velvet Was the Night (finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize and the Macavity Award).
She has edited several anthologies, including She Walks in Shadows (World Fantasy Award winner, published in the USA as Cthulhu’s Daughters). Silvia is the publisher of Innsmouth Free Press. Her fiction has appeared in numerous magazines and anthologies.
She has an MA in Science and Technology Studies from the University of British Columbia. She lives in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Book rights + translation
Book deals or translation rights: Eddie Schneider, JABberwocky Agency.
Film + TV
Film and TV inquiries: Dana Spector, CAA.
Interviews + publicity
PRH/Del Rey: DelRey@randomhouse.com
To arrange a speaking engagement: Christie Hinrichs, Authors Unbound.
- Winner Aurora Award 2021
- Winner British Fantasy Award (August Derleth Award) 2021
- Winner Locus Award 2020 for Mexican Gothic
- Winner Goodreads Award 2020 for Mexican Gothic
- Winner 2021, Pacific Northwest Book Awards Mexican Gothic
- Winner 2020, Sunburst Award for novel Gods of Jade and Shadow
- Winner, 2020, Ignyte Award for novel Gods of Jade and Shadow
- Winner 2016, World Fantasy Award for anthology She Walks in Shadows
- Winner 2016, Copper Cylinder Award for novel Signal to Noise
- Finalist for the Nebula, Shirley Jackson, Stoker, Mythopoeic Fiction Award in Adult Literature, Los Angeles Times Book Prize, The Strand Critics Award, Macavity Award
- Why Silvia Moreno-Garcia likes to write genre-bending novels — CBC, 2018
- All Things Considered — NPR, 2016
- A Q&A With Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Author of July’s #1 Indie Next List Pick — ABA, 2020
- Silvia Moreno-García, ganadora del premio Locus de terror: “No podemos esconder el pasado porque es como una casa embrujada” — NIUS, 2021
- Silvia Moreno-Garcia Reveals Her Noir Side, Kirkus 2021