- A Writer’s Guide to Speculative Fiction (together with Crawford Killian)
- The Dark (2017-2020, with Sean Wallace)
- The Jewish Mexican Literary Review (2016-2020, with Lavie Tidhar)
- People of Colour Destroy Horror (October 2016) A special issue of Nightmare Magazine, original fiction editor.
- She Walks in Shadows (2015). Reprinted as Cthulhu’s Daughters by Prime Books (May 2016). World Fantasy Award Winner.
- Fractured, Tales of the Canadian Post-Apocalypse (August 2014, anthology)
- Sword and Mythos (2014, anthology, with Paula R. Stiles)
- Dead North (2013, anthology)
- Fungi (2012, anthology, with Orrin Grey)
- Future Lovecraft (2012, anthology, with Paula R. Stiles). Reprinted as a mass-market paperback by Prime Books (August 2012).
- Historical Lovecraft (2011, anthology, with Paula R. Stiles)
- Candle in the Attic Window (2011, anthology, with Paula R. Stiles)
- Innsmouth Magazine (15 issues from 2009 to 2014, with Paula R. Stiles)
- The weird, the wacky, the underappreciated: A new look at science fiction and fantasy (Washington Post, 2019)
- In ‘Automatic Eve,’ Steampunk Meets ‘Blade Runner’ — In Japan (NPR, 2019)
- ‘The Wolf And The Watchman’ Has Some Serious Bite (NPR, 2019)
- Unseen Forces Menace ‘The Houseguest.’ The Houseguest and Other Stories, Amparo Davila. (NPR, 2018)
- ‘City Of Ash And Red’ Will Pull You Into Its Nightmare. City of Ash and Red, Hye-young Pyun. (NPR, 2018)
- ‘Flights’ Is A Trip, If You Like Wandering Off The Edges Of The Map. Flights, Olga Tokarczuk. (NPR, 2018)
- Step Away From The ‘Trauma Buffet’ With These 5 Beach Reads By Authors Of Color (NPR, 2018)
Selected Essays and Other Writing
- Introduction, Wuthering Heights, Modern Library Torchbearers 2021.
- The Sound of Silence in Le samouraï (Criterion, 2021)
- Titan of terror: the dark imagination of H.P. Lovecraft (Ted-Ed lesson, 2019)
- Spirits of Place (“City of Palaces, City of Ghosts” essay 2016)
- Thesis: Magna Mater: Women and Eugenic Thought in the Work of H.P. Lovecraft (2016)
- Terra Incognita: A Brief History of Mexican Science Fiction (Strange Horizons, 2010)